Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Genie Francis Interview


In a recent interview with The Trentorian Genie Francis reveals that “I think enough time has passed to finally let go of that little ingénue Laura and look at who I am today,” “I’d say I’m just about ready to play Martha in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? I’m hoping America can rediscover me in a new way. And I’m honestly feeling like that can really happen now.” Genie talks about what it was like to be in the national spot light for the Luke and Laura days. Genie reveals that everything was overwhelming back then, and wasn't exactly rose petals. “I certainly didn’t grasp the enormity of it at the time at all,” Francis admits now. “I didn’t appreciate it enough. The magnitude of it was just astronomical, and it was terrific to be able to share it with someone as wonderful as Tony Geary, who played Luke. But the show also made a killing off of me, and part of me thinks, ‘I should have made a killing, too.’ I did not.” “It’s still great to get back with Tony on the show because we’ll always share something amazing. It’s like we went to Woodstock together. It was life-changing, transformational, and huge. I love Tony. I feel like when I’m with him on camera, I can do anything. I feel that safe, that taken care of.”
For More of the interview click here

No comments: